Ayurveda is the knowledge of the life sciences of India.
Ayurveda is not just rejuvenation massages, Churan (herbal balls) and Kashayam (herbal decoction).
We trace the history of Ayurveda from Brahma to Bharadvaja, and how it has reached us today with its various branches of knowledge. To the layman Dhanvanthri is the God of Ayurveda, Charaka and Susrutha are just two names in this field. Each of their significance and role in the development of Ayurveda as an authentic branch of science has been brought out.
Some of the highlights of this visual presentation include
- Susruta’s Rhinoplasty surgery. The detailed surgical procedure, when it was noticed by English doctors in India, from where it was taken to England to perform the first recorded Indian nose surgery in England.
Rhinoplasty- Plastic Surgery of nose
- Details of Other Surgical procedures, the Susrutha and his shishya parampara(lineage) excelled in namely Cataract Surgery its detailed step by step procedure, Bladder Surgery and dissection procedures.
Susrutha- Cataract Operation
- The name and images of the 121 instruments used in performing the above surgeries through the ages from Susrutha’s time.
- The methodology of training young surgeons to use their deft fingers in surgical procedures.
- Charaka - Compilation of medical treatise, codifying medicine, organising symposia, qualities a vaid should possess.
- Charaka’s Oath for young physicians on Ethics of Medical Practice. Did Hypocrites borrow some of the points from this Oath or was it vice-versa?
- Takshasila – Maha Vishwa Vidhyalaya University specialised in advanced medical training for over 500 years attracting the best students from Japan to Rome who specialised in the field of medicine.
- Pioneers in different fields of Ayurveda like Ophthalmology, Paediatrics, Yoga, pharmacology.
- Vicchitra Jananam – Unusual Births - 101 Kauravas born to one mother around the same time. How was this possible?
- Spread of Ayurveda practice to different parts of the world in the last 3000 years.
- Smallpox Vaccination procedure origins from India.
- We show that various stories in Ayurveda are scientific realities. Some have already been proved by modern medicine and some of the other will also be proved right in times to come.
Ayurveda is the knowledge for preventive medicine and wholistic health.