About Bharath Gyan
Bharath Gyan is a forerunner initiative on Indian Civilization Knowledge Studies conceptualized by Dr.D.K.Hari and Dr.D.K.Hema Hari 25 years ago, with a mission to raise awareness among the common people about the knowledge, practices and global connects of the Indian Civilization over millennia, from an Indic Perspective.
The knowledge of the Indian civilization, scattered in various forms - from books and manuscripts to oral tradition and art are collated and presented from a relevant, wholistic perspective to the current generation which is disconnected from this civilizational knowledge owing to challenges of language and paradigm of thinking and expression.
It is to create an Indic narrative which showcases India as a Scientific civilization besides being known for its Spiritual aspects and how their twinning had sustained flourish for millennia.
Areas of work based on Indian Civilization’s success stories include,
- Unravelling the layers and ethos of the Civilization
- Timeline of the Indian civilization
- Indian Knowledge System
- Paradigm shifts in thinking, especially from Gender Equality to Gender Complementary
- Water Harnessing
- Notion of Culture, Connect With Seasons and Festivals
Bharath Gyan has been reaching out to people within India and across the globe through various mediums such as
- Indian Civilization courses conducted online by the Hari couple
- Books and Documentary films
- Short films and Articles for social media
- Talks and Expos for focussed groups.
Bharath Gyan is working towards rekindling research and application of Indian Knowledge for the benefit of science and mankind.
More about our work can be found in this website including opinions from
- Gurudev Sri Sri Ravishankar, Founder, Art of Living
- A.P.J.Abdul Kalam, Former President of India
- Amitabh Bachchan, Renowned Actor
- Pujya Sri Pramukh Swami ji of Swami Narayan BAPS,
- Swami Dayananda Saraswathi, Founder, Arsha Vidya Gurukulam, AIM for SEVA etc.